When data is loaded into a dataset, LityxIQ will automatically create summary statistics for each variable. The summary statistics can be viewed by following these steps:
1) Select the dataset in the available datasets list (it will highlight blue gray), then click ‘Summary Statistics’ in the ‘Selected Dataset’ menu.
2) Results will appear in a new window. See below for descriptions of the information provided. Click Done when finished.
- The statistics provided include:
- Minimum Value- For character-based fields, this is the minimum value based on alphabetical ordering.
- Mean Value- Only provided for numeric fields.
- Maximum Value- For character-based fields, this is the maximum value based on alphabetical ordering.
- Null Values- Number of missing values in the field.
- # Unique Values- This is the number of unique values found in the field (not including a missing value).
- Unique Values (not shown in screenshot above)- A listing of the unique values.
- Click column headers to sort the summary statistics window based on that data.
- The Actions button can be used to access other options, as seen below. In particular, you can export the summary data to CSV, PDF, or Excel format.
- The paginator shows which page number of variables is being viewed. By default, 100 are shown per page. Click the pagination arrows to move ahead or back a page, or to move directly to the first or last page of variables.