It is easy to setup a dataset for export, when you wish to take data from LityxIQ to upload into other applications.
First, select the dataset from the list of available datasets in the Data Manager. From the Selected Dataset menu, click Export, then Export Settings.
This will open the Export Settings dialog. Its four tabs are described below.
Export Location Tab
- Export Location - select the location where you would like to place the exported dataset. For example, this may be a connection to an external secure FTP site, or to the LityxIQ File Manager. For more on Data Connection in LityxIQ, see https://support.lityxiq.com/277108-Data-Connections, and for more on the FIle Manager, see https://support.lityxiq.com/374367-Using-the-File-Manager.
- Export Folder - clicking in this box will open a folder selection dialog for the location you have chosen. Select the folder where you would like the export file to be placed.
- Filename Template - enter the name of the export file. If you wish to put a date or timestamp into the filename, use the template string [d] in this entry, then select an option from the Date Format option. You can also use a configuration variable reference to create other dynamic filenames.
- Date Format - if you used [d] in the filename template, use this option to select the formatting of how the date, or datetime, will appear in the filename.
- Compression – if you need to compress the dataset export, use this option to select the compression format.
Note: if you have selected a supported database for export (currently, Snowflake exports are supported), different options will be available, as explained here: https://support.lityxiq.com/372274-Export-Data-to-Snowflake.
Select the variables from the dataset in the ‘Variables’ tab. To select all variables, click the ‘Select All’ box. This will always export all variables, even if the variables in the dataset change over time. On the right side, you can optionally select the variables that will be used to sort the exported dataset. Drag and drop the selected variables to change the sorting order. If no sorting variables are selected, the order of the records placed into the export file is not predictable and may change from one export to the next.
The options are:
- Select the export file type desired (currently Delimited/CSV is supported)
- Enter the delimiting character between fields in the exported file (defaults to comma)
- Enter the value to be placed in the file to represent NULL values in the dataset (defaults to the string NULL)
- Select whether the backslash escape character should be used in the output file. In this case, the backslash character will be used to escape special characters within a field. This is useful for some external applications into which you may be importing this exported file. Special characters within a field that will be escaped are carriage returns and line feeds, the backslash itself, single and double quotes, and the selected delimiter character. For re-importing files back into LityxIQ itself, it is recommended that you use this Escape option.
- The Always Quote Fields option can be checked if you want all fields in the export file to always be surrounded with double quotes. This is rarely necessary, but may be useful if you are having trouble importing a LityxIQ export into another application, especially if the data contains characters such as newlines or quotes.
For instructions on the Filter tab, see https://support.lityxiq.com/806706-Using-the-Filter-Dialog
Click Save to save your export settings. Click Save and Export Now to save the settings, exit the dialog, and kick-off the exporting process immediately. Click Cancel to cancel any changes you made.