- Each position in the dashboard layout can be populated with a chart or table. If no chart has been placed in a position yet, you will see the No Chart notation. By default, a new dashboard is laid out with two rows and two columns.
- In the upper left corner of each chart position you will see a row of icons . These are actions that you can perform for that dashboard position. Note that these provide methods for changing the dimensionality of the dashboard (number of rows and columns), and even making the dashboard "irregularly" shaped (e.g., one chart in Row 1, but three charts in Row 2).
- Remove the chart in this position. The position will become empty with No Chart.
- Add a column to the right of the current position, or a row below the current position.
- Delete the current position from the chart completely.
- Delete the entire current row from the chart completely.
- The right side of the dashboard tab editing window has a scrolling view of all the Insights to which you have access in the current project. To add a chart or table to a dashboard position, simply drag it from the chart list into the desired dashboard position. A small view of the chart will appear in that position. If a chart was already in that position, the newly dragged chart will replace it.
An example of a designed layout is below. It has four positions arranged in two rows and two columns.