- Each position in the dashboard layout can be populated with a chart, table, pivot, or other insight created in LityxIQ. If no chart has been placed in a position yet, you will see the No Chart indicated. By default, a new dashboard is laid out with two rows and two columns.
- In the upper center of each chart position you will see an icon set such as . These are actions that you can perform for that dashboard position. Note that these provide methods for changing the dimensionality of the dashboard (number of rows and columns), and even making the dashboard "irregularly" shaped (e.g., one chart in Row 1, but three charts in Row 2). In order from left to right, the functionality of these icons is described below:
- Delete this entire row of the dashboard.
- Delete this position in the dashboard. The row will have fewer positions following this action.
- Add a row below this row.
- Add a position to the right of this insight, in the current row.
- Delete this chart from this position. The position will remain in the dashboard, ready to be populated with another insight.
- The right side of the dashboard tab editing window has a scrolling view of all the Insights to which you have access in the current project. To add a chart or table to a dashboard position, simply drag it from the chart list into the desired dashboard position. A small icon representing the chart will appear in that position. If a chart was already in that position, the newly dragged chart will replace it.
When you are finished editing the dashboard tab, click the X in the upper right corner to exit. All you changes are automatically saved.