A Derived Dataset in LityxIQ is one in which one or multiple other datasets can be brought together and modified (joined, aggregated, filtered, transformed, etc) to create a new dataset. In order to define a derived dataset, follow these steps:
1) Select the dataset from the available datasets list, then select Edit Settings from the Selected Dataset menu. If the dataset was just created using the Create New Dataset button, this will open automatically and you can skip to step 2.
2) The dialog to edit the settings for the derived dataset will appear. There are seven steps in creating a view. The only required step is the Incoming Data. When the dataset is executed, the steps are executed from top to bottom in sequence. Therefore, you can think of these as the sequential steps taken to modify one more datasets to create a new dataset.
More detail on each of the steps for defining a derived dataset can be found here:
- Incoming Data - https://support.lityxiq.com/889732-Defining-Incoming-Data-for-a-View
- Joins - https://support.lityxiq.com/726958-Defining-Joins-for-a-View
- Transpose - https://support.lityxiq.com/892472-Defining-a-Transpose-Operation-in-a-View
- New Fields - https://support.lityxiq.com/608058-Defining-New-Fields-for-a-View
- Filter - https://support.lityxiq.com/722069-Defining-a-Filter-for-a-View
- Aggregate - https://support.lityxiq.com/174303-Defining-an-Aggregation-for-a-View
- Finalize - https://support.lityxiq.com/479517-Define-Finalization-Settings-for-a-View