The settings for an insight Map are described below.
Dataset, Variables, Metrics Tab
Datasets & Variables
- Dataset – select the dataset to be used as a basis for the map.
- Map Detail Level – select depth of map: state, zip, or county.
- State Variable – select variable that identifies 2-digit alpha state.
- Zip/County Variable – select variable that identifies zip code / county.
This area is used to define the summary data that will be displayed on the map. Multiple summary metrics can be defined and displayed. See https://support.lityxiq.com/769101-Computing-Summary-Metrics-in-Insight for more information on using this area to define metrics.
Analysis metrics that are numeric will be automatically shaded by the mapping tool based on value.
Analysis metrics that are text need to be specified directly in the field's value. To customize the color of a text field, use the following structure to create the values in the field: <CSS color>|<field value>. For example, if a field value is “high” and you would like it to be shaded green, the value should be “green|high”. The color values that can be used follow CSS standards (see https://support.lityxiq.com/546693-CSS-Color-Names for a complete list).
The Markers tab allows you to place markers on the map at specific address locations, as specified in a separate Markers dataset. You will specify the necessary information on this tab. Plots are powered by Google Maps. Any address and/or format found on https://www.google.com/maps can be plotted.
Use Markers? – check to plot specific locations on map.
Marker Dataset – select dataset that contains the unique set of locations.
Label Variable – field that gives location reference name.
Address Variable – field with specific street address of location.
City Variable – field specifying city.
State Variable – field specifying state.
Zip Code Variable – field specifying zip code.
Marker Color Type – select the type of color value to use for the marker
Marker Size Type – select single fixed size or size defined by variable. The Single Fixed Size option specifies a size for all plotted locations, while the Defined by Variable option uses a size that is specific to each location plotted.
The Filter tab allows you to specify a subset of the data for use in creating the map. See https://support.lityxiq.com/806706-Using-the-Filter-Dialog for more information on using the filtering dialog.
Specify a title and/or subtitle for the map. A default title will be used if none is provided.
When finished, you can preview the insight, save it, or cancel changes using the buttons at the bottom of the dialog.
- Preview - view the chart using the currently defined settings. This does not permanently save the settings.
- Save - save the currently defined settings for the chart, but do not exit the dialog.
- Save and Close - save the currently defined settings and exit the dialog.
- Cancel - cancel any changes made and exit.