To define or edit a table in Insight, please follow these steps:
1) From the available charts list, click the table to be edited and select Edit from the Selected Chart menu. Note: if a new table was created, skip to step 2 below.
2) The Edit Table dialog will appear. We will briefly describe the available tabs below.
Dataset - select the dataset to be used as a basis for the chart. The selection made here will change the lists of variables shown on the following tabs.
Rows & Columns Tab
- Select Row Variables - All variables available to use as row variables in the table are displayed here. Select them for use by clicking on them. Once selected, the variables will move to the top. There, they can be re-ordered by dragging them up or down. You can select up to two row variables.
- Select Column Variables - Similar to above, select the column variables to use. You do not have to select a column variable (in which case all records are used and just the value of metrics are shown), and you cannot select more than one column variable. Note that metrics you define (see next tab) also are shown in the columns of the table.
This tab is used to define the summary data that will be displayed in the table. Multiple summary metrics can be defined and displayed. See https://support.lityxiq.com/769101-Computing-Summary-Metrics-in-Insight for more information on using this area to define metrics.
Cell Coloring Tab
The Cell Coloring tab allows you to specify colors for cells whose values meet certain requirements. The options are described here:
Summary Variable - this dropdown list will be populated with the Analysis Metrics defined on the metrics tab (click Reset if it is not synced properly). Select the metric for which you want to set a color rule.
Rule Definition - Choose how the coloring rule will be defined.
- Mathematical symbols such as "=" and "<" - use these to define a rule based on comparing the value of the metric to the value entered in the Rule Value box. For the "between" option, enter the lower and upper bound.
- Quantiles Gradient - use this to have Insight automatically split the metric into equal sized groups. The number of groups is determined by the Number of Groups setting that becomes available. The color coding for each group uses a gradient scale between the selected Gradient Start Color and Gradient Stop Color.
- Is Null - use this option to highlight cells with null values using a given Color.
Save These Changes button - when you have finished creating a rule, click Save These Changes. The Color Rule will be added to the list on the left side.
Reset button - click this button to reset the rule definition area.
Color Rules area - this list shows all of the currently defined color rules for the table. The rules can be dragged and dropped to re-order them, and can be deleted or edited using the buttons, respectively.
The filter tab can be used to specify a subset of the data to use for creating the chart. See https://support.lityxiq.com/806706-Using-the-Filter-Dialog for more information on using the filtering and searching dialog.
Leave the Title blank to have a default title used for the table. Otherwise, enter a custom title here.
3) Preview the table, save it, or cancel changes using the buttons at the bottom of the dialog.
- Preview - view the table using the currently defined settings. This does not permanently save the settings.
- Save - save the currently defined settings for the table, but do not exit the dialog.
- Save and Close - save the currently defined settings and exit the dialog.
- Cancel - cancel any changes made and exit.
4) Output - a sample of the tabular output is below:
The output window has an Actions button that provides a number of options for exporting or reformatting the table.