To define or edit a pivot in Insight, please follow these steps:
1) From the available insights list, click the pivot to be edited (it will highlight blue-gray) and select Edit from the Selected Chart menu. Note: If a new pivot was created, this step is not required and you will begin with Step 2 below.
2) The Edit Pivot window will appear. The tabs are described below.
Dataset and Variables
- Dataset – select the dataset to be used as a basis for the pivot.
- Dimensions – use the drop down to select variables that will be used as dimensions: horizontal and/or vertical. Typically, these are string/text variables, or integers. The number of unique combinations of dimension levels you choose is limited.
- Analysis Variables – use the drop down to select variables for analysis. This list provides all numeric fields in the dataset. To reduce processing time, limit the selection of variables chosen.
The Filter tab allows you to specify a subset of the data to use for creating the pivot. See https://support.lityxiq.com/806706-Using-the-Filter-Dialog for more information on using the filtering dialog.
Use these settings to provide title and subtitle on pivot. LityxIQ will provide a default value for any setting left blank.
3) Preview the pivot table, save it, or cancel changes using the buttons at the bottom of the dialog.
- Preview - view the pivot table using the currently defined settings. This does not permanently save the settings.
- Save - save the currently defined settings for the table, but do not exit the dialog.
- Save and Close - save the currently defined settings and exit the dialog.
- Cancel - cancel any changes made and exit.
4) Output - a sample of a resulting pivot table and how to interact with it can be found here: https://support.lityxiq.com/838334-Interacting-with-a-Pivot.